City of Annapolis
The city supports Small and Minority Business Enterprises (SMBE) and has created an environment that stimulates greater procurement participation from all parts of the community with particular emphasis on small, minority and women-owned businesses.
The Economic Development Division helps SMBEs access the resources and information needed to compete for business opportunities with the City of Annapolis, as well as to navigate on to larger government agencies.
The City’s Economic Development Division:
Conducts outreach efforts on an ongoing basis to identify and register small, minority and women-owned businesses interested in supplying goods and services to the City
- Nurtures partnerships and networksbetween minority businesses and majority contractors
- Fosters a positive environment for small, minority, women-owned businesses and state agencies toincrease opportunities for minority business enterprisesin the state’s procurement system
- Provides referrals for one-on-one consultation for funding resources
City Bidding Opportunities
The City of Annapolis is proactive in encouraging purchases of goods and services from small, minority- and women-owned businesses, as well as in soliciting participation in City construction bids. All SMBEs are encouraged to respond to theCity’s Invitations for Bids and Requests for Proposals.In addition, the City strongly encourages each contractor and/or supplier with which the city contracts to actively solicit small, minority and women-owned businesses located within the city as subcontractors/suppliers for their projects.
The following are business certifications and other resources that can help you to participate fully and fairly in government contracting.
- Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council
- Maryland Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) Office of Minority Business Enterprise (OMBE)
- Maryland Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs
- Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP)
- Maryland Washington Minority Contractors Association
- U.S. Small Business Administration